Friday, June 12, 2009

Singing the Doxology

Ronda (Kirch) Konst wrote:

One thing I will always appreciate from my Seward days is the music. I've never been in a community since that was so musically gifted.

That most of us have held on to that training was proven when the CSLS class of 72 held their 30th reunion (hard to believe we are that old--well, older now): we were having pizza at what I believe is Valentino's in Seward and we sang the Doxology in four parts as our prayer. It was truly one of the most moving moments of my life.

Here is a performance of the Doxology that is not sung in four parts but is sung with a lot of enthusiasm.


And here is the Doxology played on a kalimba:


And here is the Doxology played on a piano:


And here is the Doxology sung by a male trio:


And here is the Doxology sung in Hawaiian

No comments:

Post a Comment